Monday, January 17, 2011

First Race, New Team

This weekend is my first official race at the USA 50km RW Championships where I will race over 20k. This is not super important but I still would like to do well for an early effort. I have done very little workouts faster than zone #1 pace (easy distance). I feel very strong though and feel like I can walk a good time. I will be walking with Tyler Sorensen and Bruno Carriere (Canadian Junior Champion) with Tyler walking the whole 20k and Bruno walking 10k. I am most looking forward to Tim walking the 50k though. It is his first time racing th 50k in 4 years. He is in great shape and ready to go and see what he can do. The race is on Sunday in Tustin, CA. You can view the results here when they become available.

I hadnt been planning on going to the Millrose Games this year, especially since it is only 5 days after my 20k this weekend however I got an offer I couldnt refuse. We got a call from the New York Athletic Club (NYAC) asking me to join their team. Tim has been on their team for over a decade now and they have been so good to him. I thought it was a great opportunity and its nice to be apart of the same team as Tim. Because of this, I am now going to the Millrose Games to try and defend my title. My dad is making the trip from Canada to be with me at the race and spend the weekend in NYC. Im really looking forward to it.

Wish me luck :)

Keep on walking,

Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment